View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
patpur
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Should I Buy This Crossfire? 19k

#1 - unless you have a "stated value" insurance policy you will get what the car is worth in your zip code give or take a few dollars. Insurance companies use NADA guides as well as other information about your car to value it in a total loss. You will not get more than you paid for it. Some insurance companies, I know Allstate does I work for them, offer a new car rider to the Your Choice Auto endorsement. What that does is puts you back in a like and kind vehicle...in that case you'd get a new base Crossfire if thats what you had, nothing more.

#2 - You haven't been reading the posts around here. that's very doubtful at this stage. Maybe down the road but Crossfire values continue to fall.

3 & 4 I pretty much agree with but a word of warning. Don't buy one if you are buying it solely because you think it'll be worth more down the road. Personally I think the ones that'll be worth something will be the SRT's because so few were made. Buy the car because you enjoy the look, the drive and the fact you have a car that is still a head turner.

Just my humble thoughts, good luck with your choice.

Pat