View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Rapps
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Front License Plate Bracket???

Originally Posted by Rapp's yellow CF
Hi, we bought a excellent little roadster (from Ohio) last month and here, in Michigan, cars are allowed to run free and almost wild! (only the back plate is needed). We have a very nice black plastic lic. plate bracket, anyone interested?
Currently we have to patch the holes left by the sad experience of drilling/defacing which was done to the bumper. The real heartbreaker is our car was used by an employee here in Detroit area, bought by a broker, sent to Ohio and sold there. If only it had stayed in Michigan it wouldn't have suffered the pain of being drilled on. And maybe the broker or dealer wouldn't have taken the Nav CD's as well.
Update: I went to the local hardware store bought (for $0.85 each) the little black plastic plugs meant for car interior attachments. They work like a porcupine quill. We put a base coat on then the touch up paint, several coats, then used them to plug the holes in our bumper. A cheap fix as bumperplugs.com wanted $49 for the pair (yellow is a custom mix color). I expect them to last one season or so, but at that price, I'm happy to do it again. You need short ones that fit the size holes drilled into the bumper. These plugs have a flat "head" so that you don't have too much sticking out. Buy 4 of them so that when you mangle the first one or two you have the others ready to complete the job instead of going back to the store buying more/painting. On another note, a friend of a friend made copies of the Nav CD's for us which work very nicely. The "certified dealer" who sold the car, to the person we bought it from, was pulling a fast one as part of being "certified" is that used cars are sold in "new" condition. I bet the Nav CD's were taken by someone who sold them on Ebay.