View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
woody
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Injectors / Rail

Originally Posted by malcb
If you check the HP per injector rating the stock is barely able to do 215 hp, but 50 lb on 6 injectors is good for over 400 hp!

I take it you mean is the SRT fuel pressure adjusted to accommodate the boost pressure? If those flow figures are right I would be looking for a fuel pressure regulator with a manifold "vacuum" pickup. I would say the fuel pressure at idle / no boost has to be much lower than 55 psi or it wouldn't be possible to make the injector duration short enough to have control of low fuel inputs, opening times of 1 ms don't work well.

Reducing fuel pressure with a high manifold vacuum also leaves some headroom to increase the pressure as the boost comes it - without needing a new pump and further increasing an already high fuel pressure.

If I had time I would put a scope on an injector - problem is I have hardly seen the Crossfire in two weeks because work is so busy.
Why is work always interferes with the fun stuff! I'll hook the scope up on mine sometime this week and get some traces - typically someone has 'borrowed' my nice Fluke storage scope, so I'll have to record it all manually with the analogue CRT.