Old 09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
SRTpowa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "New" & like new SRT6's are Disappearing on eBay, Autotrader & Cars.com

Got it! I didn't get in till around midnight and the car is covered in bugs. I should have borrowed my friends trailer and pulled her home but I was on a time crunch. Yesterday afternoon was the only time off I would have to make the trip for a while. Anyway that place is in the middle of nowhere! The car I was originally looking at online had a big gouge on the door, but after inspecting the other three silver models I found one that looked to be in good shape. The only thing that bothers me is the headlights look either scuffed up or have condensation in them and by the door handle there are some light surface scratches. I'm sure after I wash her up today I may find more minor imperfections, especially after that 4 hr drive. Overall I am very pleased with the car in the short 4 hours I have had behind the wheel. It definitely goes when you hit the throttle, nice interior, good stereo and actual usable trunk space compared to the S2k. Funny thing is I pulled into a Sonic for a quick bite to eat on my way back and this girl was all googly eyed and asking me what kind of car it was and she had never seen or heard of it, bla bla bla. Things could have got interesting but I already have a great girl and wasn't about to throw it away on most likely jailbait. LOL.
Details:
Had around 20 miles on it. They were firm on the price and I ended up trading in one of my vehicles that was only about 2 mo old. I haggled with them for about 2 hrs and finally got them within $300 of what I wanted for the trade. Their price was $25,999 Total out the door came to $31,500 after louisiana 9% tax. TTL and my trade balance. Without my trade and no money down I could have been out the door for under 30, but with the trade I had to put some down to make it happen. I will post pics once I get her cleaned up and the sun comes out.
Got some questions...
They said they don't do certification but the car still has 2.5 yrs left on the original warranty. So can I get it certified here after the fact or just go with a Maxicare plan later?
My car has Continental tires, I noticed some others had Michelins?
Do you think I should change the oil right away since they probably never did?