Thread: Car Sightings
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Brent
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Sightings

Went to Las Vegas Sat and got back earlier this afternoon. Saw lots and lots of Mustangs, 300s, Chargers, Magnums and even a number of Pacificas. Saw 300s, Chargers and even a Magnum being used as taxi cabs in Vegas and several stretched 300s being used as limos. Sorry, no pics of the stretched 300s. There were at least 4 Dodge Avengers spotted and a half dozen new Sebrings - including several convertibles. And of course the usual Corvettes, MBs and Bimmers were in abundance, though BMW outnumbered MB three to one. Also saw a Lambo on the way to Vegas and passed a Bentley on the way back. Did not see too many 350Zs, surprisingly; and only saw three RX-8s - and all three were seen at Hoover Dam. Maybe the owners were going to drive their cars off the dam.

Walked past several exotic car rental places. They had the usual Lambos, Vipers and others but one business also had a Prowler for rent. Maybe some day the Crossfire will also become an exotic rental.

Only saw one Crossfire during my trip. It was an alabaster roadster seen in Vegas.

For those not familiar with the drive from San Diego to Las Vegas, the route is quite frequently uphill with some steep hills at that. The route also goes through the Mojave desert and temp Sat was in the low 90s, so my AC was on he whole time. Probably 75% of the trip I was doing 80 - 85 mph (just going with the flow of traffic) with several burst of speed to pass those annoying drivers who don't understand the concept of slower traffic keep right. Rest of the time I was doing 70 - 75. Would also like to take a moment to thank the MB driver who valiantly speed past everyone else to smoke out the Nevada Highway Patrol outside Vegas. Thank you, sir, for selflessly getting that speeding ticket so that others may avoid one. So it was hot out, the AC was on, a good portion of the route was uphill, and I was driving faster than the state would have liked; and I still averaged 24.5 mpg.