Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Car Sightings

Old 09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Sightings

Went to Las Vegas Sat and got back earlier this afternoon. Saw lots and lots of Mustangs, 300s, Chargers, Magnums and even a number of Pacificas. Saw 300s, Chargers and even a Magnum being used as taxi cabs in Vegas and several stretched 300s being used as limos. Sorry, no pics of the stretched 300s. There were at least 4 Dodge Avengers spotted and a half dozen new Sebrings - including several convertibles. And of course the usual Corvettes, MBs and Bimmers were in abundance, though BMW outnumbered MB three to one. Also saw a Lambo on the way to Vegas and passed a Bentley on the way back. Did not see too many 350Zs, surprisingly; and only saw three RX-8s - and all three were seen at Hoover Dam. Maybe the owners were going to drive their cars off the dam.

Walked past several exotic car rental places. They had the usual Lambos, Vipers and others but one business also had a Prowler for rent. Maybe some day the Crossfire will also become an exotic rental.

Only saw one Crossfire during my trip. It was an alabaster roadster seen in Vegas.

For those not familiar with the drive from San Diego to Las Vegas, the route is quite frequently uphill with some steep hills at that. The route also goes through the Mojave desert and temp Sat was in the low 90s, so my AC was on he whole time. Probably 75% of the trip I was doing 80 - 85 mph (just going with the flow of traffic) with several burst of speed to pass those annoying drivers who don't understand the concept of slower traffic keep right. Rest of the time I was doing 70 - 75. Would also like to take a moment to thank the MB driver who valiantly speed past everyone else to smoke out the Nevada Highway Patrol outside Vegas. Thank you, sir, for selflessly getting that speeding ticket so that others may avoid one. So it was hot out, the AC was on, a good portion of the route was uphill, and I was driving faster than the state would have liked; and I still averaged 24.5 mpg.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Car Sightings

what a great car weekend tale - never been to vegas.
You guys out west are so lucky -
here in the south the only place you can see many exotics is south florida - and its become too zoo.
Nashville blows.
My wife and I spend a couple weeks every year high up at the corner of wilshire and ocean and I get my car fix there. she gets shoes.
great story.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My lovely wife and I will be making the drive down Interstate 5 and shooting back up to Las Vegas via Barstow as we did last November (October this year).

I didn't see ANY Crossfires on my trip there last time... and got quite a few stares at my SRT6.

If there is anyone in or near Las Vegas that wishes to meet up for a dinner or lunch, please shout out (PM or e-mail). We will be there from the afternoon-evening of the 6th of October to about Noon on the 13th.

We will then be heading back home with a weekend stopover in Buttonwillow, CA for a NASA sponsored track event. Those nearby are welcome to come out and enjoy the festivities and race events. We will even try to keep you covered and fed if we can.

Cheers!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by V-12
what a great car weekend tale - never been to vegas.
You guys out west are so lucky -
here in the south the only place you can see many exotics is south florida - and its become too zoo.
Nashville blows.
My wife and I spend a couple weeks every year high up at the corner of wilshire and ocean and I get my car fix there. she gets shoes.
great story.
Everybody should visit Vegas once in their lifetime. Of course it's more illusion than anything but it's a good illusion.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
My lovely wife and I will be making the drive down Interstate 5 and shooting back up to Las Vegas via Barstow as we did last November (October this year).

I didn't see ANY Crossfires on my trip there last time... and got quite a few stares at my SRT6.

If there is anyone in or near Las Vegas that wishes to meet up for a dinner or lunch, please shout out (PM or e-mail). We will be there from the afternoon-evening of the 6th of October to about Noon on the 13th.

We will then be heading back home with a weekend stopover in Buttonwillow, CA for a NASA sponsored track event. Those nearby are welcome to come out and enjoy the festivities and race events. We will even try to keep you covered and fed if we can.

Cheers!
I have friends who moved to Vegas about 3 years ago but I've only started going there to visit them after getting my SRT-6. Never wanted to drive there in my Dodge since it leaks coolant and oil. Not the kind of car problems one wants when driving through the Mojave. Anyway, 15 has really been improved over the last year and is now almost enjoyable to drive on. It's still a mess through Vegas though. Vegas itself is still in a construction boom so you will still have to dodge the gravel trucks.

I didn't really drive my SRT-6 in Vegas this last weekend. 3 family members were in Vegas for the weekend on a tour so I needed a bigger car to cart everyone around. My friends let me use their Corolla for the weekend and I left them my SRT-6. Not a fair trade but at least the Corolla could hold all of us.

One thing I didn't think about until I got home was that I should have parked the SRT-6 by one of the exotic car rental places to see if it would attract customers. Maybe that's something you could try.

I'm planning on going on vacation sometime in Oct and will most likely drive through Vegas. I haven't firmed up the dates yet but if I'll be in Vegas between the 6th and 13th I'll let you know and maybe we can plan on meeting.