View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: What can a Limited do?

Originally Posted by +fireamx
I'm always reading those great times that the SRT6's are turning, and it got me to thinking, "What is the best 1/4 mile time we might ever see for a Limited"?
I've read where 14.7 sec. is about the best you can hope for from a "bone stock" LTD, maybe 14.4's with a computer enhancement.
But since the fastest (non-supercharged) Crossfire on the site has to be HDDP's stripped down race car, I wonder what it would take to get him to make a few runs down the 1/4 mile for us.
He's probably going to tell us that he would be completely out of his element, but I'm sure he has excellent reaction times, he knows how to shift as good as anybody, launching the car shouldn't be a problem, and he already has slicks mounted. I bet he even has some friends who would teach him about the "tree".
Now I'm not exactly sure what modifications he's made to his car, but at least we'd have some idea what a Crossfire can do in a scenario that most of us can identify with.
I know he's a busy man, and it probably costs him at least $100 everytime he hooks the trailer up to go practically anywhere, so I'd be willing to donate to a paypal fund to cover his expenses. Anybody else?
So how about it Derek, what's it going to cost us for you to be our "Hired Gun"?
Well, I better do it quick, because I'm getting ready to drop the new SRT6 engine in the car... This might not be a good test because my clutch is pretty much toast right now... I had planned on installing a new stage 4 SPEC clutch when we change the engine out...

Let me see if Pomona Drag Strip has any weekend events coming-up and I'll "take one for the team" before I swap engines...