View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:01 PM
tom2112
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What's so good about the Xfire?

It's actually very simple. Crossfires were made for people that like two things: driving and style.

Volvo's were made for people that like two completely different things: luxury transportation and reliability.

Note the VERY big difference between driving and transportation. Crossfire owners love to drive - the actual act. I don't mean riding, and I don't mean being isolated from the road while you occasionally consider your surroundings and make minor adjustments until you get to your destination. I would consider the difference between Crossfire owners and Volvo owners to be like the difference between fighter pilots and cruise ship captains. And I don't mean that in any insulting way. It's simply a difference in priorities, wants, and needs. There's nothing wrong with wanting a luxurious and reliable ride to your destination. But to me, that's a complete snooze.

Crossfires drivers look at an S curve and see an opportunity. Volvo drivers see a road hazard.

Crossfire owners are perfectly content to put up with many "down sides" of the vehicle because of what it does for them when they get behind the wheel. I couldn't care less about a cup holder when I hit an S curve at 90 mph. I couldn't care less about the cost of my tires when I can lay down a donut on dry pavement at the drop of a hat. I couldn't care less about the lack of storage space when all I need is a tank of gas and the open road.

It all depends on what you're getting a car for. You wouldn't get a duffle bag when you really need a briefcase. Don't get a Crossfire when you really need a station wagon.

Last edited by tom2112; 10-05-2007 at 08:06 PM.