View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:42 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Engine Transplant

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
Remember it's not about the GPM, but the pressure that the pump produces and works against. The CM90 has a much higher pressure than the CM30. Now, if you want something in between the CM30 and CM90... get the CO90... Supposed to move about 18GPM at 0.25 bar.

Marine pumps don't measure the 'head' like fountain pumps, but they measure the pressure at which they can pump a certain amount of fluid (same thing, different measurement units i.e. - meters/feet vs bar/psi). The pressure you have in your system will determine the GPM. i.e. - if you have a restriction that creates 0.2 bar of pressure... then your rate on the CM30 will be about 5.2GPM. Check the chart here. The CM90 is not on this chart, but you can figure it is above the CO90 as it's flow is higher at 0.25 bar.

Basically, if you keep the system fairly level, meaning the reservior/ice tank is the the same height or higher than the pump, then gravity works for you and the only real resistance you will have are the inlet/outlet sizes, intercooler and air charge cooler passages and a little bit of pressure to move the fluid to the top of the system (obviously less than 3 feet).

I realize that the whole system is in motion and there are variances, but you get my point.

Hope that helps... Cheers!
It helps alot... I just measured the water volume of the charge air cooler... it holds 0.195 gal. I'm building a mock-up of the ICE TANK as we speak which should be somewhere in the range of 2 gal. And with an estimated 8 ft of .60" ID tube that should contain about 0.11 gal. I think this should be adequate running alcohol & glycol as a coolant...