View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:48 PM
V-12
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: "Raced" an M5 last night

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Road Track lists the M5 and M6 V10 cars as having Identical times. 0-60 in 4.1 and 1/4 mile in 12.4, so it would seem that Chi-Town would be able to take them both. I didn't think they were a full second faster 0-60. The SRT-6 has been tested to be the 4.7-4.8 second range 0-60. So they are about .5 seconds faster in both areas. That's not a lot to make up. I think there will soon be a few SRT-6s capable of killing anything BMW car throw at it...
the M6 is lighter and faster than the 5 because of the carbon roof and both have a fairly sophisticated launch system that would pretty much slam the Xfire though I am sure drivers would make a difference. Chi-town seems to be a unique driver. But I have a hard time swallowing that the m and x are even comparable-more wishful thinking? I will say I have 2 pals who took the 6, mostly because they are bavarian diehards but I can tell they are not that happy...Also sales are somewhat of a flop. Dealers are discounting them...and talk about bad cupholders on a 100k car....