Thread: oh ITS ON!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 PM
cruzinquick
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: oh ITS ON!!!

Not sure what your drag racing experience is. I'm a newbie to. Here are some valuable tips to treeing someone off the line. Most lights on a drag tree are set to .500 from when each yellow light turns on. There are 2 top staging lights, and when both are staged the 3 yellow bulbs will go down at you guessed it .500 seconds apart. The trick is that your car and any SRT won't react quicker than the last .500 bulb, so that means you leave the instant when the 3rd bulb lights. You never see a green because your gone. This should give you about 3 feet on your opponent, unless they are greg anderson.
The second trick is called deep staging. Remember the 2 bulbs on top of the tree. There are 3 sets of beams on the start line. As you pull up to the tree, you roll forward and turn on the first bulb. Take this time to take a deep breath and get ready. Now you roll in a little farther and light the second bulb, normally your ready to watch the lights go down. If you roll about 6 inches more, you'll notice the second bulb will go out. Anymore farther and the red bulb will light. Now your ready to go. Hit a good light and he won't know what happen. When cars are that evenly close or even a half second, it comes down to driving. Practice, practice, practice. Do a google search on reaction time help and you should be able to find one to work on your reaction time. Anything with .001-.099 is smoking fast. I have had my first .000 perfect light with only 3 times at the track. You have to know your car. Good Luck. Also needswings should have an intake ready for your n/a by then.

Cruzinquick