Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

oh ITS ON!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh ITS ON!!!

Well guys, there is this car club I hang out with, they are some pretty cool guys, but there is this one ricer boy who has an '02 Acura Integra RSX-type S with an exhaust, well he keeps talkin trash on the xfire! Well I challenged his azz to a race at midnight drags when the track opens back up, what do you guys think the outcome is gonna be, I can take an RSX-S can't I??

Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oh ITS ON!!!

Originally Posted by 04chryslr
Well guys, there is this car club I hang out with, they are some pretty cool guys, but there is this one ricer boy who has an 02 Acura Integra RSX-type S with an exhaust, well he keeps talkin trash on the xfire! Well I challenged his azz to a race at midnight drags when the track opens back up, what do you guys think the outcome is gonna be, I can take an RSX-S can't I??

Old 12-21-2007, 01:10 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Better borrow an SRT-6.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Better borrow an SRT-6.
So your saying I don't have a chance? the xfires have way more torque and just as much hp.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Road & Track tested an RSX Type-S in its Sept. '05 issue and it ran a 15.0 sec. 1/4 mile at 94.9 mph.
They turned 14.9, at 96 mph in a Crossfire.

Looks like it's going to be a drivers race.
Just make sure he doesn't sneek any "extra's" under the hood while you're waiting to race.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Just make sure you do a throttle reset just before the run.
GOOD LUCK.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 PM

oh man, I thought I'd be a little bit faster than him than that. looks like i'm gonna have to practice my drivin skills.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 04chryslr
oh man, I thought I'd be a little bit faster than him than that. looks like i'm gonna have to practice my drivin skills.
Not a bad idea. It's pretty hard for "any" cars tranny to keep up with those slick shifting Acura/Hondas.
Just make sure you pull a good "hole shot" on him, and you shouldn't have any trouble as long as his car is basically stock.
Practice launching.

Last edited by +fireamx; 12-21-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 PM

how should I launch? should I just floor and drop the clutch?

Old 12-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Forum Regular

is your car standard or auto if its standad launch it at like 2,300 rpm and don't hit traction control you lose time by hitting it make sure your traciton control is off and not on!!!, and if you do hit traction control don't let off just hold it to the floor power will come back. You should have no problem in my opinion i can drive my cross. but when i was stock i beat s2000 rx-8 don't think rsx would have been a problem. good luck if he will go from five mile an hour roll and be in first and just go that way you don't have to worry about traction control but remember good driver should be able to launch rear wheel drive car and its harder to get traction with front wheel drive. remember stay away from the traciton control though i used to launch to the floor and drop the clutch but thats slower at the track than slipping clutch around 2,500 and staying away from the gay trac. control. peace.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 PM

cool thanks for the tips bro, I'm getting nervous and its not even close to the time for the track to open up, darned snow.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what your drag racing experience is. I'm a newbie to. Here are some valuable tips to treeing someone off the line. Most lights on a drag tree are set to .500 from when each yellow light turns on. There are 2 top staging lights, and when both are staged the 3 yellow bulbs will go down at you guessed it .500 seconds apart. The trick is that your car and any SRT won't react quicker than the last .500 bulb, so that means you leave the instant when the 3rd bulb lights. You never see a green because your gone. This should give you about 3 feet on your opponent, unless they are greg anderson.
The second trick is called deep staging. Remember the 2 bulbs on top of the tree. There are 3 sets of beams on the start line. As you pull up to the tree, you roll forward and turn on the first bulb. Take this time to take a deep breath and get ready. Now you roll in a little farther and light the second bulb, normally your ready to watch the lights go down. If you roll about 6 inches more, you'll notice the second bulb will go out. Anymore farther and the red bulb will light. Now your ready to go. Hit a good light and he won't know what happen. When cars are that evenly close or even a half second, it comes down to driving. Practice, practice, practice. Do a google search on reaction time help and you should be able to find one to work on your reaction time. Anything with .001-.099 is smoking fast. I have had my first .000 perfect light with only 3 times at the track. You have to know your car. Good Luck. Also needswings should have an intake ready for your n/a by then.

Cruzinquick

Old 12-22-2007, 12:02 AM

WOW, GREAT info!!! yes I am a noob at track drag racing! i've done plenty of drags on the streets lol but I don't do that crap anymore. thanks for all the great info guys!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:21 AM
TVT_DESIGN

The best way to launch this car is to disable the TC by pulling fuses. (off road use only).

Rev is to about 2100-2400, depending on tire wear, and slip the clutch in and go, the 1-2 shift is the hardest and after that it's cake.

Stock these cars will trap around 94 mph with a 15.0-15.2 ET. Most magazine cars are "prepped."

If you're allowed to have a mod or two throw on our intake and you'll trap 95-96 with a mid to high 14 ET.

Good Luck!

Anthony
www.tvtdesign.com

Old 12-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Forum Regular

i hear ya on the snow, get a simple inmotion chip and thats a repectable gain on out cars then there should be no problems. yeah leave when you see that third yellow light. grab an intake and an exhaust.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:45 AM

Drop tire pressure on the rears to the teens , warm up your tires for a good 5-8 seconds, I get crazy and run 2 gallons of 100+ octane, keep AC on OFF, you can remove things like passenger seat or spare tire, do not drop the hammer feather it out at a higher rpm then metioned, and practice

Old 12-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Cool Re: oh ITS ON!!!

Originally Posted by sub zero
I get crazy and run 2 gallons of 100+ octane,
Sub Zero, you dumbass, do you think 100+ octane on a stock Crossfire is going to do anything for its performance?

You're two nuts short of a full sack, fella.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:06 PM

WOW I can't wait to get one of those CAI, does anyone else run one of his intakes from trtdesign?

Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Sub Zero, you dumbass, do you think 100+ octane on a stock Crossfire is going to do anything for its performance?

You're two nuts short of a full sack, fella.
silly sonors...I said that "I" get crazy and run 100+ OCTANE...i drive a highly modified car that was originally N/A...running under 2 gallons is pretty risky in a N/A->Turbo car because of detnation. I do it to keep the weight down. At least read what i wrote before you post nonesense.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by sub zero
silly sonors...I said that "I" get crazy and run 100+ OCTANE...i drive a highly modified car that was originally N/A...running under 2 gallons is pretty risky in a N/A->Turbo car because of detnation. I do it to keep the weight down. At least read what i wrote before you post nonesense.
What does me not reading your meaningless posts have to do with your lack of ability to spell properly and provide meaningful advice for other people?

And I read your post, the part that made sense, at least.