View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:25 AM
DJMAC94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blower Motor and Resistor Problem!!!

About a week ago I turned on my heater and smelled a burnt electrical smell......the fan wasn't blowing. I took it into the dealership and the said it was a burned out blower motor. The ordered the blower motor and told me it would be about a week before it was in. When I went in to pick up the car, I saw that they had broke my key fob which I complained about. The mechanic admitted he dropped it and the service guy said they'd order me a new key fob which would come in by the time my blower motor showed up.

Yesterday I got a call and they said to bring the car in and they'd get my blower motor installed. They also said the key fob had shown up. An hour later the service guy comes out and shows me that the old blower motor was burned out, but said when they installed the new blower motor and it ran continuously even when they turned off the car. He then tells me that I need a new resistor at about $300. This is, of course, after I'd paid $325 for a blower motor!! He said that the blower motor was bad and they had no way of knowing the resistor was bad until they installed the new blower motor. Does this sound correct? The service guy said he's replaced blower motors and resistors, but never seen both go bad at the same time??

For now the blower motor is installed but not wired up until the resistor shows up.

Now I'm waiting until Monday to get that part installed. It's been really fun driving the car with no heat and the window open to keep the windshield clean!!

Thanks John