Thread: oh ITS ON!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
apkano
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oh ITS ON!!!

Originally Posted by x'ed
The quote was in response to someone else. I am telling you that you cannot rev past 5000rpm when the car is still with the fuses pulled. What's the point of reving when the car is in motion? There is none.

Point being.....the thread you quoted.....Derek said nobody could exceed 5000 rpm with the fuses pulled period. Whether you were on a dyno or on the road driving, he claimed it was "impossible". I proved you can. The car was in gear and accelerating past 5000 rpm right up to redline. Once again....if you're going to quote.....make sure you know what you're quoting. Read the rest of that particular thread. Where SPECIFICALLY did I say you could turn over 5000 on a dyno?

BTW....If you have access to the Mercedes star software....you can disable the electronic "nannies" to do a proper dyno run.

As for pulling the fuses doing little to nothing........I can spin the tires a HELL of a lot longer and further with the fuses pulled. If I just push the button on the dash, I'm lucky to get 10 feet. This link is a video of me smoking the tires the length of a dodge dealership. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0