View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 07:21 PM
pageoneresults
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that things are not going good. In fact, I'm getting the exact opposite here in Southern California. I had to go back to the dealer yesterday to drop off some paperwork and they had just added $4,000 to the MSRP, whew! They were allocated 5 Crossfires, with one of them being SSB (I got that one).

If history repeats itself, this may end up in the same category as the Prowler. Buy at MSRP and then auction at twice MSRP to someone who really wants one but cannot get one. If there are dealers out there with excess Crossfires on their lots, they won't be there long. Those dealers that are sold out will be pulling from other dealers inventories so I don't think you'll see those Crossfires sitting out there much longer.

Its all about location. After reading many of the press articles about the Crossfire, it looks like Chrysler wanted to focus on areas like Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, etc. Any major cities where image is everything as this is definitely an image car.

I'll tell you what, the 215hp is much stronger than I anticipated. I had no idea you could get that much pull from 215hp. I like it a whole lot more than my 2001 Audi TT Quattro which goes back to the dealer this week.