Thread: Replacing radio
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
DICKBEE7631
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Replacing radio

Originally Posted by scooter
also, if anyone knows of a radio that includes navigation/dvd that fits nicely in that space, let me know.
Hi...I wanted the same things : CD/AM-FM/DVD/Bluetooth,Ipod/NavSys based on SD card and not CD system...etc. etc. I found it in the VALOR DVD NVG-720W. You can find these on eBay for about $800 (I know, they're not cheap), but they are single DIN systems so will fit with little difficulty. I also purchased with mine a reverse view camera system (Boyo) mounted in a license plate frame. The camera was another $100 as I recall, maybe more. I had Car Toys -- a car electronics store -- do the complete install and removal of the orignal radio head unit. That installation was another $600 and took 4 hours. You will need to purchase a wiring adapter to connect the Valor to the car system...it was about $10 as I recall. I can give you details if needed.

I did lots of looking before I settled on the Valor system. The need for a single DIN system makes your choices rather limited. If you want a decent GPS display, updateable system software and convenient downloads of updated maps, high resolution; good sound quality, do check out this system. I'm still learning about all the features, but have 0 regrets. The navigation is accurate and fairly easy to use, once you master the touch-screen process. I wish the head unit was silver, but it's black.

My next move is to get an Ipod system to store all my music CDs.

I dont think you can find a better system for all these functions.