View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Arnotm1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: P0410 code check engine light

Greetings, I am the proud new owner of a 2004 Crossfire Coupe and also a new member to this forum. A few days after getting the car I noticed the check engine light came on, I brought it back to the dealership I bough the car from (an Acura dealer) and they said that I had a P0410 code which meant that there was a problem with the secondary air injection sensor. They told me that this was nothing to worry about, that it was a common problem in Crossfires (which I have read quite a few postings about already), and I believe them in the sense that my car does run absolutely fine, however, it is extremely annoying and for a $15,000 car having to deal with the persistant annoyance of a check engine light gleeming at me is unacceptable.
To cut to the chase, I was told that it was 100% problem within the software itself and that they would get back to me when they were able to fix the problem. I am ready to take the problem into my own hands and need your help. Has anybody else had this problem and done anything to fix the problem? I heard about a case where somebody with an SLK had a p0410 and just needed to spray down the MAF... any suggestions??
-Has anybody actually solved this problem? It seems like alot of people are suggesting solutions, but has anybody actually tried anything and found it to rid the problem of the dreaded p0410 code?
~mike~