View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
NOT2FST
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: nitrogen in tires

Simply put, using Nitrogen will prevent "as much of a loss of" airpressure in your tires over any given period of time. I would question the validity of the test that mrphotoman refered to.

Nascar really made the use of Nitrogen popular when they started using it in every tire on the track... so I don't think GatorLCA should have a problem.

And besides, our Crossfires have a "low air pressure" warning light that comes on if our tire pressure ever gets low. So you shouldn't have to keep checking it anyway. And the use of nitrogen will not affect this gauge's effectiveness.

I've even heard some reports where drivers (that use nitrogen in their tires) have reported getting slightly better gas mileage... probably because of a much more even and smoother ride.

I just had nitrogen put in my tires a month ago for $20 with a lifetime "refill" guarantee. I have never had an issue or problem with low tire pressure. Every technician (at 3 Chrysler dealerships) that I've spoken with ALL highly recommend it.

Do it. Or don't do it. But I give it a thumbs up.