View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
brain_26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Factory Alarm Chirp! Solved! Read!!!

Originally Posted by BlackCrossFire6spd
This topic is being discussed in many different threads, so I decided to post a new one with an eye catching title. ANyway, after hearing that people were gaining the alarm chirp after having their siren replaced under warranty, I decided to purchase the part thay said was being put in, Chrysler Part# 5124443AA. I replaced my siren today, and YES! I NOW HAVE CHIRP! When I are the alarm, it chirps 3 times (2 if a door is ajar) and chirps once when unlocked. I will say it again, I HAVE CHIRP. All that is needed is to replace your siren with the new one. I took pictures of the 2 so you can see the difference. The new one is the one that says BOSCH on it, and the old one does not. The new one is also louder than my old one. It took me 30 minutes to replace the siren (which is mounted under the cowl by the way, you will need a set of security torx bits, the ones with a hole in the middle) but I'm used to taking cars apart. So...

IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.
Again, IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR TO CHIRP, REPLACE YOUR SIREN WITH PART#5124443AA.

No-need for non-factory add-ons.
I bought this item as well, but I was wondering if you had any pics or installation write up? If so, would you be so kind posting it. I am looking forward installing the siren upgrade. Where did you buy your security torx bits? Thanks