View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:25 AM
LookieLou
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Supercharger on the SRT-6

Originally Posted by SRT6 Gang Member
More food for thought....

Dyno numbers were provided on the SL55 /NW /BDJ, which proved there really is no advantage between the BIG THREE. Here is a little more information to hopefully stop the superiority complex about intakes available to our community .

NW
1/8 ET- 8.515
1/8 MPH- 90.28
60’- 2.019
Temp- 90

SL55
1/8 ET- 8.506
1/8 MPH- 83.48
60’- 2.074
Temp- 93

BDJ
N/A

I went onto dragtimes.com and searched for an SRT6 running in 90+ degree heat, with only the NW or BDJ intake. I wanted to compare those intakes to my SL55 setup, which is running in 90+ degree TX heat. Finding one running the NW intake only and none running the BDJ intake, I listed those 1/8 runs above. Rob did the NW run and I did the SL55 run, so dyno numbers and track numbers show NW compared to SL55 will net you no real advantage. I’m not knocking the NW intake at all, just providing numbers so don’t shoot the messenger .
Thank you for the comparison, it's definitely very helpful. However, wiser people than I always said that the trap speed is the measuring stick of a fast car, and the ET is the measuring stick for a fast driver. The fact that you were able to click off practically the same time while being 7 mph slower (!) is pretty amazing.

I raced more experienced buddy of mine; he was stock, I had intake/exhaust/gears. I put 0.15-0.2 on him in the 1/8th, with 3mph higher trap speed. And I know he was launching a lot harder than I, so he should have easily put a couple tenths on me in the exact same car.

When I see the numbers you posted, it simply tells me that SL55 intake guys are much better drivers than NW guys. j/k

In all honesty, specially with kinda similar 60' times, I'm not sure what to take away from these numbers, except maybe different power/torque curves for the intakes.

Last edited by LookieLou; 06-23-2008 at 07:28 AM.