View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: 303 Protectant VS Armor All

No chemical degrees here, just personal experiences.
My dad has used Armor -All on all his vehicles from day one of purchase. Tires, dash, seat vinyls, and leathers. You have to strap yourself in tight or you end up on the floor. The seats and anything you might hold on to are slicker than goose poop. None of his cars have suffered and he drives them until the wheels fall off.

I have used it with success on new cars although not as lavishly as my dad. The only time I have had an issue is when I used Armor All or STP protectorants on an old car for restoration. I have two Benzes with cracked dashboards and my Dodge Ram truck. The truck was a surprise as I was only using the wipes after a long summer of neglect.

In all 3 cases the cracks occurred about 5 days after the application and were castastropic.

I won't use Armor All on my Crossfire. I'm using a lanolyn based furniture cream on the dash and interior. Meguairs leather conditioner on the seats. Used the same formula on my Mark Cross "K" car convertible that was not garaged. It went over 220M Crack free miles before I gave it to my niece.

roadster with a stick

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 07-03-2008 at 01:19 PM.