View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Bullseye
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
Boba
Im not sure where its been said, but ive seen it in a few forums,and this is is no way meant to be any sort of personal attack, but unless that eisenhaus is a straight piped exhaust there is no way your going to see 15 horsepower on an na car from an exhaust. Does the company have a dyno or anything that you are drawing that conclusion from, or is it just a claim. the only cars ive seen gain 15hp from an exhaust were high modded turbo's that were breathing through 3.5 inch exhaust systems that dropped the stock cat and ran turbo back. I dont know if your buying a cat back or an axle back. If those numbers are dyno proven thats awesome.

Im not trying to burst your bubble i just remember that when i first started modding my cars i would believe the companies claims and then find out the numbers were way off. my 2nd car, a dohc neon, was the first car i started modding and i remember buying an exhaust, high flow cat and back and the claimed increase was 12 hp. The actual dyno hp i saw was spiked at 4, losing some across the rev. range, the average being about 2. When you get this one though get a dyno palease. Us crossfire owners seem to dislike dyno's. Im one of those gotta see it to believe it kinda guys.
good luck though, hope the exhaust does see the power you want.
This is true and false. Granted I believe and agree with X'ed that the Eisenhaus Exhaust wont add 15hp. I mean isnt it only an axle back? 15hp from a muffler? Lets get serious. Correct me if im wrong. Oh and I have seen N/A cars such as Any ls1 get 15plus from a full exhaust not a muffler :roll: Also my old mach 1(2003) would get a great increase in HP from a full exhaust. Is the Borla going to be just an axle back or will it be a cat-back? 930 bucks for a axle back seems pretty crazy to me. Unless the Eisenhaus is a catback. Just my .02