View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
InfernoRedXfire
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Front License Plate Mounting.

Originally Posted by copycat
So I'm minding my own business like any old fart does and go up to the toll booth to receive my card to get on the expressway...when this state trooper appears out of nowhere and says "Pull that thing over there". Okay I say, as I am rethinking "whats up with this". So as he's checking out the car he says "wheres your front plate"? I said at home on my table saw in the garage. He goes on and says, you know your in violation to the law, your suppose to have it mounted on the front. I said O.K. How? There is no place to mount it. So he brings me around the front of the XF and says " You have to DRILL some holes here and get it on. Okay I say, first I'll get the drill and bore some holes in your bumper first and see what it looks like. He says look, I am giving you a break, if you want I'll write you up and you can argue with the judge. So I bit my tongue and sped off into the sunset toward home and parked it. There is no way on gods green earth that Iam putting a drill bit to the bumper of my car. Any suggestions out there?
Yes, don't go through that toll plaza in your Crossfire anymore.

Enjoy the ride!