Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 AM
SRT6_Roadster
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

Anyway to make the starting time user programmable, or offer 1 length of time for sticks and one for autos, or just offer different options? Not trying to make things overly complicated but I still think 3 seconds is a long time for a car with an automatic. I can see that length of time if the car is a stick - want to make sure someone does not put it into a wall. Which I have seen happen with a stick and remote start.

In the car's I have driven with factory push button start I think you just have to hold the button for 1 second or so.

I am sure you have given this a lot of thought and I am not trying to play Monday morning quarterback or "kick sand on the project" but giving it a little though 20 feet for locking and unlocking sounds like it could be a bit far (I have not walked this out). Is there a reason for this distance? I would think that 10-12 feet would be a better distance but maybe that is not enough time for the car to respond and actually unlock the doors. Although we can still use the lock & unlock button on the key fob, right? If that is the case I guess it is really sort of a moot point depending on how the system reacts when the lock/unlock buttons are used.

I reread the original post concerning the price. I need to revise my answer. I am comfortable with a $300ish price range. The higher it goes above that... $325 I am still in but I am not sure I would be in for $500 as an example of potential pricing.