Old 09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
rcompart
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

Originally Posted by sonoronos
From a usability standpoint, 3 rapid clicks seems far removed from the actual intent of the mod. After all, this is supposed to mimic the operation of push-button starters found in OEM applications and none of them require "3 clicks" of the starter button.

Although I'm not on the list to buy one, I would just recommend that a single push of the button starts the engine, along with the logic required to support all the safety interlocks (brake pedal, clutch pedal, etc.) Also, what happens if the user clicks the button 2 times, then waits one minute and presses the button again? Or what happens if the user clicks the button 3 times, but too slowly? Not everyone has a good gaming finger.

I think your original idea of a single click is best, if someone won't buy it because of perceived "safety issues", then make it programmable.
That was my thought but at the same time, we don't have the **** thing to turn like the OE ones do. The more I think about, the more I like a single longer click (1.5 seconds perhaps) but that's just me. This will be "smart enough" to know if the car is running or not and know how to proceed based on what the system sees.

the other thing and I just thought about this is to make it so that you can not turn the car off if it's a manual while the clutch is pressed in. this makes it so there is no way the car be shut off with it still in gear. this would be necessary for it to do remote start. I'm still gonna make people fax me a waiver to release me of any and all liability but this will make it safer for the end user. Don't want someone plowing into the car ahead of them when they go to start it in teh winter.