Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

Originally Posted by Jason_HBC
You're prototype looked aweseome! I hope you are able to get a producer lined up and ready to work with you and the Crossfire Community. That definantly looks like a mod I would want. I think its rather strange that for as highline as the Crossfire is Chrysler went with a traditional keyed entry system, but the production did begin in 03 so maybe price was a factor?

Production in 03 on an older Chassis.. You'll find a lot of the equipment in our cars isn't very "modern"... just look at the GPS system.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

My 4 y/o nephew doesnt have a problem eating stale candy and Chrysler didnt have a problem putting stale technology in the Crossfire. If its available, a good part; in design, quality, form, function, ect, then why not raid your step brother's (MB) box of toys he is throwing away. *Sorry for the hyperboles...got carried away..working my way through multiple documents of legalease!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:42 AM

I think they are using a good safety time there by waiting 3 seconds. Given the cost of of replacing a starter or flywheel ringgear I think waiting a extra second is worth it. Heavy construction machinery, have been using this concept for years to minimize down time for this very reason.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by rcompart
Well I was working with the long range aspect of it and the supplier I went with for the RFID receiver does not have a quality product. I was at the cars and coffee this past Saturday and a few forum members got to see it but with all the other cars around, it is too susceptible to interference and as such, i have to go about finding a better system to get it to all work. I'll keep everyone updated when I make progress.
This product (IUI-101) should give you what you need for secure, long range keyless entry function. It has an aux output that can act as an internal enable/disable switch for your push-start button

Old 03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ak_tech
This product (IUI-101) should give you what you need for secure, long range keyless entry function. It has an aux output that can act as an internal enable/disable switch for your push-start button
I have tried your kit along with other and yours is no different than any other generic PKE you can get from China. It's still suceptible to the same interference and the range is not adequate or reliable enough to be used on a daily basis. It's a good start but it's not really production ready in my opinion and I wouldn't put my name on it and people I am working with feel the same as way.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi rcompart I don't directly work for AK but I installed mine 3month ago. I've forward your message and this thread to them. Are you sure you installed it correctly? I have one on mine which I use it daily and yet to have any issue with it. Could you tell us what kind "same" interference you speak of? Possibly you have another passive/RFID device in the same vehicle generating frequency at the same spectrum? As for range, I find antenna positioning is critical for it to work optimally. (I had to change it from underneath the dashboard to IP side cap area). OEM vehicle have the luxury of strategic placing multiple arrays of antennas through-out their car. So how you place your antenna will determine your range and effectiveness. Could you describe where did you place the antenna on the vehicle? How close is the antenna from the closest metal material? I can ask AK to give you some assistance to make it work better for you.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by ak_tech
Hi rcompart I don't directly work for AK but I installed mine 3month ago. I've forward your message and this thread to them. Are you sure you installed it correctly? I have one on mine which I use it daily and yet to have any issue with it. Could you tell us what kind "same" interference you speak of? Possibly you have another passive/RFID device in the same vehicle generating frequency at the same spectrum? As for range, I find antenna positioning is critical for it to work optimally. (I had to change it from underneath the dashboard to IP side cap area). OEM vehicle have the luxury of strategic placing multiple arrays of antennas through-out their car. So how you place your antenna will determine your range and effectiveness. Could you describe where did you place the antenna on the vehicle? How close is the antenna from the closest metal material? I can ask AK to give you some assistance to make it work better for you.
You fully described the inefficiencies of this system in your reply. Multiple arrays of antennas are going to be required to get OEM quality and that is what we are going after here. I too have tried various locations for the antenna and aside from having it sit on the very top of the dash, all other locations just don't give it the range it needs. You can get it so that it works ok from the drivers side but then you have to be standing right next to the vehicle to get it to work from the passenger side or the hatch area which at that point, it's just easier to pull out your keys and unlock the vehicle that way. Talk to your guys at AK and tell them they need to work on a multi antenna system and that will probably fix the issues people will see with your current system. FYI, you're going to want no less than 3 antennas (left, right, rear) and that is where I would go if you're going to make revisions. Also, tell your chinese supplier to loose the "Open Sesame" on the antenna because you guys and about a dozen others all have that on the antenna and I don't think that would instill a lot of customer trust in a product you say you've designed from the ground up. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 PM

I guess I'm the middle man here... following is the reply from AK.

Originally Posted by AdvancedKeys
rcompart, thanks for your input, great suggestions. Multi-antenna setup is something we are planning to do for the next version. As for the antenna/reception, here are some tips:
Don't position antenna so it could be oriented in plane angle (edge to edge) with the access remote. That's when the signals are the weakest.
Try to position antenna away from any metallic material as far as possible.
Centre the antenna under I.P dashboard will give you a more balanced reception from both side of the vehicle.
AS for the "Open Sesame"...yeah, they are popular for pre-made, low cost antenna... we will follow up with suppliers for something better next round.
We are very much interested in any suggestions, recommendations and project ideas you may have. Contact us at info@advancedkeys.com or use our forum. Thanks, looking forward hearing from you.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:01 AM

rcompart, how is the range of your setup?
Mine works 1.5 meters from driver side and 0.5m from passenger side with antenna installed in the instrument panel side cap. This distance actually works for me since I don't want my door open whenever I'm near my car. As long as the distance allow doors to unlock before I could grab the door handle, all is good. Also, is your push start kit available right now and did you find a way to connect your push-start with this system? I'm thinking about doing it too

Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Forum Regular

The only thing I was really interested in was the proximity unlock/lock sensor. I would want that.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 PM

Hey rcompart,

Any updates on the keyless entry & start? I'm ready to get serious on my coupe and this sounds like a good start. The video looks great! I'm not too worried about the range, my office has a card reader entrance system that you have to hold the card up to. Since the card reader is about butt height the office staff can be seen butt slammin' the window next to the door all day. We just keep the card in our wallet. That might end up with a bare spot on the paint of the door, but could work....

Keep up the good work & innovative ideas. Some of us owners are not so vocal, we just watch and appreciate the inventive techniques of you guys.

Thanks,

RB

Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by xfirepop
Hey rcompart,

Any updates on the keyless entry & start? I'm ready to get serious on my coupe and this sounds like a good start. The video looks great! I'm not too worried about the range, my office has a card reader entrance system that you have to hold the card up to. Since the card reader is about butt height the office staff can be seen butt slammin' the window next to the door all day. We just keep the card in our wallet. That might end up with a bare spot on the paint of the door, but could work....

Keep up the good work & innovative ideas. Some of us owners are not so vocal, we just watch and appreciate the inventive techniques of you guys.

Thanks,

RB
The big hitch in our setup is the liability of interfacing everything so our beloved cars don't end up leaving without us. Right now, the keyless proximity entry is somewhat of a go by it's self as is the push button start portion of it. Problem with combining the two is that you introduce a huge security gap because you are essentially defeating the factory security of the car to make them work. The keyless proximity allows someone to gain entry to the vehicle but without a key, they can't start the car. With the push button start, if they can't disable the factory alarm, the computer doesn't allow the vehicle to start. put the two together and without checks and balances, boom, someone just became the temporary owner of your car as it's driven off to be parted out. Another thing that is kind of hold us up is the liablity of disabling the steering wheel lock. A lot of thought was put into the design of this system so that it engages after the key is removed from the ignition but cannot accidentally engage while driving. You can see where I'm going with this. If we design something that circumvents this, it would either have to completely disable it rendering a theft deterent useless or make it so that it was enabled while the car is not started and disabled while it was. Easy in theory, hard in practice. What happens if it malfaunctions while you're speeding down the highway around a curve on an interstate and you end up crossing the center divider and collide with an oncoming motorist. I know I sound paranoid but these are things you have to think about with product development. It's easy to slap on the for off road use only but in the end, if it kills someone, it's going back to the guy that either designed or built it and at that point, it doesn't matter because someone got hurt or killed or someone's car got stolen. The people we have been working with on this are very reluctant to provide any insight to the customer on how to install such devices. This is to somewhat protect them from liablity but there is also negligence wherein you don't advise someone how to properly install said item. It's all about covering your *** in this litigous day and age. Sorry to cast doubt that this will ever get off the ground but the big difference is that a pillar pod or side skirt isn't going to cause you to lose control of your car. If your steering wheel locks up though, that's a different story. Everyone subscribed to this thread will be the first to know any developments.

Thanks for staying tuned.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM

for $300 count me in too. is there any time frame on this or what. as far as the design i would say the distance dosent matter to me because if it is far away the only time i am gona walk close to my car is when i want in and if u leave the proximity its still going to lock back up. I would say for the remote on the fob 2 quick clicks or just cutting down the time to hold one down to like 2 sec or something. also i would love to have it be like the nissan where you dont have to turn any buttons first. have the ignition button replace the old key switch. and for that a quick touch would be better suited. This way you just jump in the car, tap the ignition button and the car goes through the start up sequencde while your putting on the seatbelt. If the range is a problem make the antenna like the bmw where its a small fin on the hood above the glass portion of the hatchback. its centered in the car and will work for both driver and passenger sides.

So to recap:
price =300ish I'm a go
remote start= 2 quick clicks
push button start inside car=1 tap
distance= dosent matter
antenna= bmw concept fin. just not as big

2004 Red Limited Coupe