All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

HELP, I'm stuck, alarm will not turn off, can't start car.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HELP, I'm stuck, alarm will not turn off, can't start car. - Resolved!

I went to leave work today, and the remote would not unlock the car. I tried several times. I manually unlocked the car and the lights flashed. Car would not start, it did crank and fire once, but only once. I tried new batteries in the keyfob, and it appears to be ok, the red light will flash when buttons are held. The batteries that were in it tested OK as well. I am getting a ride home to get tools for tomorrow. I have actually been reading a lot about the alarm module, and still only have 1 key for the car. I have had it 2 weeks and was trying to get one from the original owner.
ANyway, I have read all the posts I could find, and learned a lot, but not enough. If everyone could give me pointers to what to disconnect/test. I tried fuse for central locking (it did stop the lights flashing when pulled) but did not disconnect battery (no tools).
The alarm light on the switch panel is always flashing. I am heading home to learn more and get tools, maybe try tonight, probably tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by pioneer4x4; 07-30-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HELP, I'm stuck, alarm will not turn off, can't start car.

OK, I showed up early today with a bag of screwdrivers, torx, wrenches, sockets, pliers, soldering iron (for RCM fix if needed)...
Car still had same symptom, I disconnected battery cable, waited 30 seconds or so, reconnected it, and the lights started flashing again. I hit the unlock button on keyfob and they stopped.
I started car, no issues, BAS/ESM whatever light was on, I rolled the steering back and forth and all was well.
So a 10mm wrench will be permanently in the cubby under the trunk as well as whatever else ends up in there.
I wish I knew what fuse(s) would have accomplished the same thing.

Old 09-24-2020, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you have the same problem/symptoms again after posting this? I have same problem.
No water in the trunk.
Car would not unlock. I tried both correct key fobs (with new key fob batteries in both). Suddenly, keys do not turn at all in the driver side door lock.
I did not have my tools with me to open the locked hood from the outside. So I had to open the driver door with help of geico roadside assistance (we used a credit card to start pushing a shim in behind the window glass. Then, slid a long wire/hook in and pulled the door handle open). Then, once inside,
Central locking button (next to radio) does not lock or unlock anything.
Antitheft/Tow-sensor red light continues to blink.
Car would not start. Cranked and fired once or twice before setting off the alarm lights.
Alarm siren did not make a sound.
Popped open hood and checked fuses (all were good). Replaced #9 and other fuses with brand new fuses. Problem persisted.
Disconnected car battery (it was at 60% charge/life left).
Installed brand new car battery (free under warrant). Same problems.
However, upon connecting brand new car battery, the alarm siren did sound audibly at normal volume for several seconds while the lights flashed. Then went silent as lights continued to flash. Car still not responding to key fobs' buttons.
Each time I go out to the car, the same symptoms repeat and car does not start.
Car sits out 24/7 in my apartment's parking lot (not monitored at night). I'll manually push down the locks and I'll enter through the trunk next time I work on the car. (Thanks to the forum pdf).
I'm looking replace the (currently silent) original alarm siren. Newer model (part ending in "ab") is no longer sold?
Did I miss anything? Any tips, tricks, advice?
Thank you!

Old 09-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 454 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by mduchoss
Did you have the same problem/symptoms again after posting this? I have same problem.
pioneer4x4 has not logged in here since last winter
This is a 5 year old thread but ya may find some new info anyway

The following users liked this post:
lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:13 AM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

The first thing I would try is to remove the alarm siren. The internal batteries leak and short out the siren. It is under the cowl in front of the windshield. It will not hurt anything to unplug it and see if it helps.

The following users liked this post:
lovecross (09-25-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 10:30 AM

You don't need to remove the siren itself (yet). You do need to remove the 10 amp fuse from the drivers side fuse box (there is a post for this issue somewhere). This will stop the siren from going off. unfortunately, you will lose your remote, interior lights, and TPMS. After you do this, get the new siren (check the number on the old one before you get the new one. there are two sirens and one will not fit right off) and follow the replacement guide.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
The first thing I would try is to remove the alarm siren. The internal batteries leak and short out the siren. It is under the cowl in front of the windshield. It will not hurt anything to unplug it and see if it helps.
I tried this. Keys still do not rotate in drivers door handle lock to unlock. Car will not start. Lights continue to flash. No change noticed...

Old 07-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Received 343 Likes on 303 Posts

If you tried the fuse thing, be sure to check the layout for your car. They are not all the same.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:56 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mduchoss
I tried this. Keys still do not rotate in drivers door handle lock to unlock. Car will not start. Lights continue to flash. No change noticed...
Is it possible that corrosion in the lock tumbler is causing your problem. Try some lock lubricant.