Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

it does look nice but one question with that is when you turn the key off do you have to pull it out to get it to stop chiming?

Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

The key in ignition chime is an easy fix. Since you won't be using a key, you can just unplug the key in ignition connector. No more chime.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:12 AM

Finally found a video recording app for my iphone so here's one for your viewing pleasure. Sorry if it's a bit choppy. Two things to remember when watching the video, the distance part is still being worked on as we are just waiting for antennas with higher sensitivity and you don't have to wait for the dinging noise to quit before you start; I only did that because I thought the dinging night drown out the engine starting the first time around. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5HzkRvD4RA

Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 PM

nice work.. a couple questions though..

What is the chance of the switch going away? I don't see the point of a push button start if you have to turn a switch anyways.. why not just turn the key and not have a button..

And I know you said you were working on the range still, but the finished product will lock when you walk a certain distance away, and unlock when you get close enough to the car, correct?

Old 09-28-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mousegu
What is the chance of the switch going away? I don't see the point of a push button start if you have to turn a switch anyways.. why not just turn the key and not have a button..
The chance of a switch going away is very good, just don't use that option and start your car like you do now, with a key. The whole point is this is to make it so you don't have to use a key but you still can if you need to like when you take it in for service or let someone else use it.

Originally Posted by mousegu
And I know you said you were working on the range still, but the finished product will lock when you walk a certain distance away, and unlock when you get close enough to the car, correct?
The car will unlock automatically when you approach the vehicle and lock when you leave it, yes. Still working on the range like I said in the video.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:42 PM

so far it looks like it is coming together very nicely and i couldnt help but notice your buttons are looking a little lower than they normally are on your center console that wouldnt be the test car for the new console would it?????

Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when you walk up to the car to unlock it, will it unlock the whole car or just the drivers side door? Just wondering since we have to hit the unlock button on the key fob twice to unlock the hatch and the passenger side door.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 PM

my car you only hit it once to unlock the whole car

Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Voyager
so far it looks like it is coming together very nicely and i couldnt help but notice your buttons are looking a little lower than they normally are on your center console that wouldnt be the test car for the new console would it?????
It is coming together quite nicely. Yes, you are correct in that this is the test car for all the cool stuff we're working on.

Originally Posted by Walker
So when you walk up to the car to unlock it, will it unlock the whole car or just the drivers side door? Just wondering since we have to hit the unlock button on the key fob twice to unlock the hatch and the passenger side door.
It will unlock everything when you approach the vehicle and lock everything when you walk away from it. Only way to do it as you can't really walk up to the car twice to unlock the drivers side and then unlock the passenger side and the rear hatch.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 PM

haha I was just wondering if we were going to have to unlock the passenger door and the hatch from inside the car. Im glad that it will unlock everything at once!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:04 PM

is there any updates on this?

Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM

Well I was working with the long range aspect of it and the supplier I went with for the RFID receiver does not have a quality product. I was at the cars and coffee this past Saturday and a few forum members got to see it but with all the other cars around, it is too susceptible to interference and as such, i have to go about finding a better system to get it to all work. I'll keep everyone updated when I make progress.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:36 PM

Any updates??

Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM

On hold until we can find a manufacturer that will work with us on qty less than 100. Prototype is made, ready to go but if I have to make each one by hand, the price tag won't be pretty.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Any luck finding a Manufacturer?

Old 12-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Any luck finding a Manufacturer?
Funny you should ask. I actually just started emailing someone here in the states about manufacturing it. I will post more info when I have it.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.autoxclusive.com/xclusive...products_id=86

does this help?

Old 12-25-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by GDC-SRT
That button looks pretty good but we're actually working on a more complete system that you install and it behaves the same as the oem ones in say a mercedes or a nissan.

Have a Merry Christmas and give me or Jon a shout sometime. We should get a few MN guys from the forum together and spill a few beers and talk about cars.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Forum Regular

You're prototype looked aweseome! I hope you are able to get a producer lined up and ready to work with you and the Crossfire Community. That definantly looks like a mod I would want. I think its rather strange that for as highline as the Crossfire is Chrysler went with a traditional keyed entry system, but the production did begin in 03 so maybe price was a factor?

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just watched the video! Nice system, especially if you can increase range of the fob.

Keep up the great work.

Quick Reply: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!