Old 09-19-2008, 01:53 PM
rcompart
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: NoKeyGo - Keyless Proximity Entry, Remote Start, KeylessGo Pushbutton Start!!!

The more I try to please everyone the more this whole thing is spiraling out of control. The fact is that I'm not going to make everyone 100% happy. I think taregt is right about the remote start aspect. I might just have to say no go on that all together. Reason being is that there is no way to make it so that someone with a manual couldn't somehow make it work even if it says its only for an auto and with this being marketed at both groups, that could be a liabilty nightmare should something happen. The push button start aspect of it is staying no questions asked. It's just as safe in an auto as it is in a manual. You can't start the car with the key unless the clutch is depressed so it shouldn't be any different if you replace teh key with a button. The part abotu having to hold the brake on both cars isn't goign anywhere either. The whole point is to make it completely keyless. This means not having to use the keys. I guess it would still be considered keyless if you had to turn a **** but not really. Here's the other thing that I totally over looked being I have a manual. Auto owners will need to figure out how to get past the key being turned on for you to move the shifter out of park but yet keep it so that you have to press the brake to shift it into gear. Hope this doesn't throw anyone too far off.