Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Ringmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealing With Dealers in the Kansas City Area

Has anyone taken their Crossfire in to a dealer in the Kansas City area for service? How was your experience?

Unfortunately, my SRT6 developed the dreaded transmission leak so I took it to Olathe Chrysler. They have several Crossfires on their lot, so I thought they may have some experience. I felt like I had taken the poor car in for surgery that it may never wake up from. Since I also had the "extended start" issue I had been living with for the past year, I had them look at that as well.

It took them a day and a half to replace the O-rings on the connector to fix the leaky transmission. Should have been a 20 minute job. As the car had stored no codes, of course they couldn't figure out the starting issue. I asked them if they checked the relay, and they replied, "What relay? I spent three hours going over everything and it all checked out OK. This is either an electrical or fuel issue". WELL.....DUH. I coulda told them that. They returned the car with greasy handprints on the headliner and a radio that was turned on to the level that scares the crap out of you when you start your car (especially since I always make sure the radio is off when I shut the car off).

But they were nice. And I got a Jeep Cherokee as a loaner, even though I was eyeing those Challengers on the lot.