Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Dealing With Dealers in the Kansas City Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealing With Dealers in the Kansas City Area

Has anyone taken their Crossfire in to a dealer in the Kansas City area for service? How was your experience?

Unfortunately, my SRT6 developed the dreaded transmission leak so I took it to Olathe Chrysler. They have several Crossfires on their lot, so I thought they may have some experience. I felt like I had taken the poor car in for surgery that it may never wake up from. Since I also had the "extended start" issue I had been living with for the past year, I had them look at that as well.

It took them a day and a half to replace the O-rings on the connector to fix the leaky transmission. Should have been a 20 minute job. As the car had stored no codes, of course they couldn't figure out the starting issue. I asked them if they checked the relay, and they replied, "What relay? I spent three hours going over everything and it all checked out OK. This is either an electrical or fuel issue". WELL.....DUH. I coulda told them that. They returned the car with greasy handprints on the headliner and a radio that was turned on to the level that scares the crap out of you when you start your car (especially since I always make sure the radio is off when I shut the car off).

But they were nice. And I got a Jeep Cherokee as a loaner, even though I was eyeing those Challengers on the lot.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dealing With Dealers in the Kansas City Area

Hey
I haven't found one in KC yet, BUT Jim Clark in Lawrence just sponsored a Mopar day for our LX club. While talking with the owner and an salesman I knew from elsewhere, I found they are doing service on over 20 Crossfires.

Don't know how many are SRT's but I intend to have my next oil change there soon, and I will give my thoughts after that trip.
Dale