View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
beeblebrox
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: UK cleaning products

I use my car every day and it gets dirty beyond belief with the weather we have had this year. I think there are different bodywork cleaning polishing products that work depending on how much effort you are prepared to put in.

My main problem is those huge wheels. I have changed to Rotex low disk pads. I also asked the Autoglym salesman at last years MPH show about the best way to clean wheels and he said "get somone else to do it" ! Then he did give me some tips. Personally I have changed over to autoglym products as having the best compromise for me with effort and results. Their wheel cleaner is the best I have used.

There is an autoglym guidebook you can get on ebay for a couple of quid that may have some useful tips on how to approach cleaning a car which gave me some pointers to reducing time and improving results. One tip which hadn't occured to me is to jet wash or at least use hose with a sprayer first before hand washing to ensure you don't rub the dirt particles into the paintwork. Probably obvious to most people, but there is always something to learn.

I have toyed with the idea of a car cover, but not sure about the practicalities of a daily used car and will probably chat with other owners for their experience when we next meet up.

Paul