View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 10:29 AM
David Burns
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pelked1
Also, being politically correct, "Oriental" is now considered a derogatory term as well. People whose ancestries descend from that region would like to be generally called Asians, and more specifically, and much more politically correct, the country they are from, like Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc. DO NOT ever use the "O" term. It has become much like the "N" term for African-Americans that was shamefully popular here a while ago.
And IMHO it's all a bunch a crap. And this is NOT pointed at YOU pelked, I'm just venting...

They want to be called "Chinese-Americans", "African-Americans", etc. :?: My ancestors are German, Swedish, Irish, Scot, etc. What does that make me? I'm just a plain ole f-ing AMERICAN, take the P/C crap and shove it. IMHO, too many "hyphenated Americans" seem to be more proud of their "hyphen" than their "American". Grandpa always told me if ya aint' part of the solution, you're part of the problem, so for those who are so fond of China, or Africa, or Germany, or wherever, go the hell there and leave America to we who are proud to be just plain AMERICAN.