View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 05:24 PM
RMADERMAN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are SRT6's Jinxed?

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
Exactly, it's because of those reasons why I will always have a job. Soooo many high end cars these days have a lot more power than their drivers can handle. I have been telling people for years that just because you can afford to buy that AMG, M, Viper, LP640 etc..........that doesn't mean you know how to drive it. You wouldn't believe how many Lambo LP640's have been in my shop since they came out; it's rediculous. I have been driving high powered cars all my life and have more experience behind the wheel than people more than twice my age. The KEY to being able to drive a high powered car is to take it to its limits(and beyond); preferrably in a controlled environment, so that you do know what will happen when you get into a situation that you "lose control" you will know how to react and how your car will react. I have been involved in 6 car accidents since I was 21 years old and NONE of them were my fault.
Six accisents in 5 years and you still have insurance! I have come close to maybe 50 accidents in nearly 40 years of driving. I was only cited once and that was when I was 16 and that was because a tree was blocking a stop sign. I think that defensive driving is a requirement when you get into a car because there are so many idiots on the road.