View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Re: New Crossfire owner here too

Originally Posted by workindev
Just picked my 2005 Limited roadster a week ago too, so I'd better introduce myself.

I'm 6'5", so its a bit of a squeeze for me, but not too bad if I recline the seat forward a bit so the seat can be moved all the way back.

I negotiated with two different dealers who were offering 2005 limited 6-speed roadsters that were nearly identical. Both had ~27,500 miles, 6-speed, 1-owner off lease, etc. One was the classic yellow color in the Dallas area, the other was a Red one in the Houston area. I'm halfway between them, so it was a tossup. After looking at them both, my wife decided she didn't like the yellow color so I got the red one.

I negotiated on a drive-out price of $15,000 even, which brings the car to about $13,600 here in Texas after taxes and registration fees.

I love the car so far. Came from driving a big Chevy pickup truck, so I'll have to figure out what to do when it's time to head to the Home Depot to pick up a load of lumber or something like that.

Only 2 problems so far:
1) It came with only 1 key, so I'm shopping around for a local dealer who will sell me a new key for less than $200.
2) The stereo doesn't work on the right side. I didn't notice it until after I was driving it home from Houston. I've taken everything apart and ruled out a wiring problem, so I either have a bad head unit or a bad amp. Some folks in the Audio forum have already been very helpful. Hopefully I can get it fixed without shelling out too much more $$. Maybe the yellow one didn't have any stereo problems?

Anyways, this should be a fun car to drive for a couple of years before I decide I need a truck again. That Yellow one is probably still available in Dallas if anybody is interested in that price -- it was at Huffhines Hyundai in McKinney.
Your wife was right about the red. Besides, it's the faster than the yellow ones. Texas is a great place for these cars. you will love it.

And, welcome.

roadster with a stick