View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
paulius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: No Throttle Response...at 70 mph...

Originally Posted by paulius
And the winner is....THrottle control module. I sent your suggestions to the mechanic at my dealership and within a day he found the problem. Unfortunately I have to wait till Thursday for the part to arrive but I can live with that. Thanks again guys! If you are in my neck of the woods (stamford CT) send an email and the drinks are on me.

Paulius
Damn, I'm back with a similiar problem. Three weeks after the throttle body was replaced, Sprint booster long removed, transmission fluid and seal replaced ( turns out there was a slow leak) I went into a massive "limp mode" today at the end of a 100 mile trip. When I restarted to pull the car into the driveway the engine shuddered as if it were about to stall. No power at the throttle. When I put it into drive it "limped' along at about 3 mph till I put it into the driveway. The engine bay smelled like burnt plastic. After 20 minutes I restarted and all was well ( besides the check engine light being on.) Anybody know of a mechanic near Stamford Ct that can handle a srt6? These guys at my dealership have no clue and I don't want the car to sit there for another two weeks.

Thanks

Paulius