View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 08:22 AM
patpur
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CICCI Thoughts...

The events mentioned are Woodward, Dragon and Carlisle events not .org or CICCI events. Lets get that straight. ANYONE CAN AND SHOULD ATTEND. No one is ever excluded. We may as a club provide support from time to time but these events are open to all. I know for a fact that we are providing a shelter tent for Carlisle FOR EVERYONE, MEMBER OR NOT. Last year we didn't have the required 25 participants so this year we have to pay for the tent. CICCI will do that and the area will be open to all who attend, member or non member. If we get a large number of people we will get two tents.
There will be certain perks that our club acquires for its members that will not be available to .org members. Take a step back and look at it this way. Pick any "club" lets say Knight's of Columbus, Rotary Club etc. These clubs all have dinners, lunches, functions etc. and they are in your neighborhood. Because they are in your neighborhood and you are not in their club does that give you a right to attend their function? Unless you are invited or are a member the answer should be NO. We will not exclude anyone from joining the club no more than JD ever excluded anyone from joining XFI which morphed into CICCI with his blessing and support.
There are certain people on .org that expect each of us to be perfect. Here's a bulletin...WE ARE NOT OK? Get over it. We all have full time jobs that the last time I checked was the priority. I spend a good two hours a day on club business, some do a lot more. Point is we are going to make mistakes, its human. C'mon Mr. F you're a good guy, you never made a mistake? We do everything in our power to make this an above board, class organization. We are brand new, 2 and a half months old, please show us some patience.
Regular Membership is open and we would love to have as many of you join as can stuff our e-mail boxes.