View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
apkano
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For you gun owners...my new toy!

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So here is the million dollar question, while carrying have you had to threaten to shoot, or actually shot someone in self defense or does it just make you feel safer?

If it makes you feel safer and everyone walked around with a gun would you feel even safer?

I am just trying to get some grasp of the pro gun public psyche, which I must admit baffles me. This is a serious question and pro gun rants will not answer it.
Go to the political section of the forum and start a new thread for your topic.

THIS thread is for those of us who do own guns and want to show them off and discuss them, maybe even share a little helpful information.

Trying to start a pro/con gun discussion in here is futile.

For the record.....here's my thoughts.......

1. It's my right under the 2nd ammendment to the U.S. Constitution to keep and bear arms.
2. There's more law abiding citizens in this country than criminals.....if all the law abiding citizens were armed, I believe violent crimes commited by criminals would drop drastically.
3. The tired old argument of "guns kill people" is pretty pathetic. I can put my gun on the table and unless a person touches it, it won't kill anyone. Guns don't kill people..........PEOPLE kill people.
4. More people die annually in car crashes than by gunshot.........Do we outlaw cars?
5. MY GUNS HAVE KILLED LESS PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDY'S CAR!