General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

For you gun owners...my new toy!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: For you gun owners...my new toy!

I'm very jealous of that Kimber, Brian. Very nice pistol!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What I carry:

Glock 23 .40 SW

PHTO0006.jpg

Old 02-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Glocks for their simplicity, but for the life of me I cannot shoot straight with them.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Trust me, it's so freaking light, it took some time for me to get used to because my initial groups were garbage. But the benefit is that I often forget it's even there, when I'm carrying...

Old 02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
She can ride with me ;)

I never could stand shooting Glocks. The grip angle on them is way too steep for me to shoot intuitively. So for self-defense and concealed carry, I carry a full sized HK USP .45. (Some say I don't compromise... ) The grip angle on the USP is perfect for me. I can close my eyes and point, and the weapon is dead on target. It's like pointing my finger its so natural.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

So here is the million dollar question, while carrying have you had to threaten to shoot, or actually shot someone in self defense or does it just make you feel safer?

If it makes you feel safer and everyone walked around with a gun would you feel even safer?

I am just trying to get some grasp of the pro gun public psyche, which I must admit baffles me. This is a serious question and pro gun rants will not answer it.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So here is the million dollar question, while carrying have you had to threaten to shoot, or actually shot someone in self defense or does it just make you feel safer?

If it makes you feel safer and everyone walked around with a gun would you feel even safer?

I am just trying to get some grasp of the pro gun public psyche, which I must admit baffles me. This is a serious question and pro gun rants will not answer it.
Go to the political section of the forum and start a new thread for your topic.

THIS thread is for those of us who do own guns and want to show them off and discuss them, maybe even share a little helpful information.

Trying to start a pro/con gun discussion in here is futile.

For the record.....here's my thoughts.......

1. It's my right under the 2nd ammendment to the U.S. Constitution to keep and bear arms.
2. There's more law abiding citizens in this country than criminals.....if all the law abiding citizens were armed, I believe violent crimes commited by criminals would drop drastically.
3. The tired old argument of "guns kill people" is pretty pathetic. I can put my gun on the table and unless a person touches it, it won't kill anyone. Guns don't kill people..........PEOPLE kill people.
4. More people die annually in car crashes than by gunshot.........Do we outlaw cars?
5. MY GUNS HAVE KILLED LESS PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDY'S CAR!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, for one thing, owning or shooting a gun is not the same thing as Concealed Carry, which is what you are talking about. Are you asking why people concealed carry or why people like guns? I like guns because they are fun to shoot and a great stress reliever. They are also "gadgets" with many unique designs, models and calibers. I also do it socially (trap and skeet shooting in a team setting.) They also come in useful for hypothetical situations (like defending against mass chaos or robbers, home defense, etc.) I can't help you with CCW because I don't have a license (nor do I plan to.)

Old 02-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brent

Kit Fox

Forgot to ask last night - is your bullpup a MSAR? Looked at one at a gunshow the other week but the price tag scared me off. It's definitely on the dream list though.

Nope, Bushmaster M17S

Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano

5. MY GUNS HAVE KILLED LESS PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDY'S CAR!
Great answer, love it, I just wonder how many people on this forum know what you are talking about.
I love guns myself, but if I started something on the politics forum, they might just want to shoot me. They get pretty hot under the collar if you needle them a bit. I know because I have done it, they take every thing at face value and do not read between the lines.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I've owned hand guns all my life and:

I've never carried a gun (loaded or unloaded) in public (unless under lock and key) per California Law.

I've never pointed a gun (loaded or unloaded) at anyone; anytime.

I've never felt threatened in public

I've never been shopping in Texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTvAZvJ5Mc

But I am going to the Texas Mile in March - so I'll just stay away from the malls

Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 PM

Something to think about.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIHD...e=channel_page

Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
She can ride with me ;)

To answer our Canadian friend:

There are two basic reasons that I carry a gun. One is short and sweet, the other much more involved and long. Through experience, I have learned that people are not interested in the second answer, so I won't bother with it.

First answer: Because I can. (It is my right, and I chose to exercise it.) This right is a direct extension of every person's inalienable right to life. One cannot have a right to life without the right to defend it.

To answer a few of your other questions:
Have I ever used my concealed carry weapon in an altercation? No, and I pray that I never have to. But that does not mean I am not willing to do so in defense of my own, or someone else's life.

Have I ever pointed a loaded weapon at someone? Yes. I was in the Army, and this encouraged, especially when the enemy is about.

Does my concealed firearm make me feel safer? Yes. (Why wouldn't it?) Is that why I carry it? No. I do not live in fear, nor am I a trigger happy nut job vigilante waiting to pull it out and shoot up some bad guys. The simple fact is the world is a dangerous place, and I am not going to allow some criminal or nut job to threaten my life or someone else's.

Would the world be a safer place if all responsible adults carried firearms? Yes, it would.

Would the world be a more dangerous place if no one but law enforcement and the government were allowed to have firearms? Absolutely. If you criminalize gun ownership, then only criminals will have guns. Look at the statistics from Australia. Since they outlawed private gun ownership their violent crime has skyrocketed. Why? Because criminals still have guns, but now the la abiding citizens can't defend themselves, and the criminals know it.

Last edited by tom2112; 02-28-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Forum Regular

So dimensions and "weildability" wise I kinda compared the AR-15 and M17S to each other

Keep in mind that I have the carbine "M4" version with the heavy barrel for the AR-15. The AR-15 is definatly more front balanced, even without the bipod. It is lighter than the bullpup and more agile to "throw" around corners. If I had to chose one for home defense it would be the AR-15. I presume if I had the rifle AR-15 than it would be a different story. The Bushmaster without the bipod can stand alone if you put it on the pistol grip. Its very center balanced. As you can tell both weapons (with the AR-15 stock not retracted) are EXACTLY the same length overall. Obviously the barrel itself is quite a few inches (5 I think) longer than the AR-15, so I'm going to be expecting better range from the Bushmaster. If I had abit more strength and could weild the bushmaster with ease than I would have gone with the Bushmaster for home defense, or at least with the bipod off. Only main downfall is it has no iron sights (preban thing). So in short, I would choose neither of these for home defense but instead the Ruger P89 9mm. I have a fairly tight house layout. Anyway, range day should be tomorrow, I hope...lol. Both are great and both have their own quirks I'll see what I like better tomorrow.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Forum Regular

AR-15, GSG-5, M16S, Savage 110 all packed into here lol. Not to mention over 2500 rounds of ammo and equipment in here.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They don't call it a "Crossfire" for nothing. lol

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Kit Fox

Is there a Crossfire in this picture? Oh, there it is. LOL

Old 03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I guess i have to bite since everyone is showing off the size of their, uh, gun.

Yes it is real, Yes it was a PITA to acquire, Yes I legally own it, Yes it's a sh*t ton of fun to shoot, No you can't touch it! LOL

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_00854.jpg (110.9 KB, 201 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 04:31 AM

Nice!!!

I'll agree....they are a blast to shoot. A local range here has a MP5 and a MP5SD you can rent and shoot in their range. I was surprised at how controllable they were when firing full-auto. I was also VERY surprised at how quiet the SD was.