View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Kit Fox
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For you gun owners...my new toy!

So dimensions and "weildability" wise I kinda compared the AR-15 and M17S to each other

Keep in mind that I have the carbine "M4" version with the heavy barrel for the AR-15. The AR-15 is definatly more front balanced, even without the bipod. It is lighter than the bullpup and more agile to "throw" around corners. If I had to chose one for home defense it would be the AR-15. I presume if I had the rifle AR-15 than it would be a different story. The Bushmaster without the bipod can stand alone if you put it on the pistol grip. Its very center balanced. As you can tell both weapons (with the AR-15 stock not retracted) are EXACTLY the same length overall. Obviously the barrel itself is quite a few inches (5 I think) longer than the AR-15, so I'm going to be expecting better range from the Bushmaster. If I had abit more strength and could weild the bushmaster with ease than I would have gone with the Bushmaster for home defense, or at least with the bipod off. Only main downfall is it has no iron sights (preban thing). So in short, I would choose neither of these for home defense but instead the Ruger P89 9mm. I have a fairly tight house layout. Anyway, range day should be tomorrow, I hope...lol. Both are great and both have their own quirks I'll see what I like better tomorrow.