General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

For you gun owners...my new toy!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: For you gun owners...my new toy!

Hey, I just heard for real that since the election, gun stores in Texas and elsewhere are doing a booming business. One store they profiled has been doing $100,000 per day, mainly assault rifles. They're afraid the new administration is going to try to ban guns.

I've been trying to come up with a good compliment to my 40 caliber Smith & Wesson semi automatic and I think I found it. It will make me one bad MF. See below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rambo-fun.jpg (38.5 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by chuck65; 11-09-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Forum Regular

I got another toy for the 'stable'. I know this gun wasn't famous for being loved. And I also know there is a certain animosity to bullpups. But here is my new purchase

I was going to tease it but I decided, meh, might as well just share. More pics will come after I pick it up.

My other choice was a Century Arms G3 (HK91) clone, I decided for this.

It has the basic A2 muzzle at the end but its just covered up right now.

It is sooooo pre-ban too hehe!

Last edited by Kit Fox; 02-21-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up another handgun last week which was a Springfield XDm-40 cal. I'm not against assault rifles in any way..............but I don't see any point in having them(for personal use) either. Here's a little picture of the XDm hard at work........

DSC06348.jpg
DSC06341.jpg

Old 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Nice hardware!

Looks like a modified Steyr.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 PM

You guys don't know how good you have it not buying guns CA. The so called "assault rifles" are neutered, only one handgun a month can be bought from a dealer, there is a ten day waiting period, all mags can only hold 10 rounds max, only certain handguns are authorized for sale in CA, and in order to buy a handgun one must take and pass a test to get a safety cert. Oh, and the cert is only good for 5 years.

Moparrbust, I got an XD 9mm last month. Wanted an XDm but this model is not blessed by the People's Republic of Kalifornia for sale here. Really like the XD though. Too bad the ammo situation is so bad that I've only been able to shoot it a couple of times.

Since we are posting pictures of our guns (AKA gun ****), I might as well show a couple of one I finished up a couple of days ago.

A stale cookie to whoever can identify the gun and caliber.

Attached Images
Pic 1.jpg (191.3 KB, 14 views)
Pic 2.jpg (334.6 KB, 8 views)
Pic 3.jpg (319.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Brent,
Kalifornia is the preview of the U.S.
Thanks to people like your Nancy P
I've got 2 of the S&W 40s and they are great handguns and a great value.
If you like surprises check out the S&W airlight 38's
They are a 5 shot revolver. I've got a couple of the hammerless models which fit in your pocket! You would be amazed at the power out of this little gun when you load it with 38plus rounds.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

For you members with a good ol' 1911 or a Glock, check this out: mechtechsys.com

A swell shooting little carbine.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
You guys don't know how good you have it not buying guns CA. The so called "assault rifles" are neutered, only one handgun a month can be bought from a dealer, there is a ten day waiting period, all mags can only hold 10 rounds max, only certain handguns are authorized for sale in CA, and in order to buy a handgun one must take and pass a test to get a safety cert. Oh, and the cert is only good for 5 years.

Moparrbust, I got an XD 9mm last month. Wanted an XDm but this model is not blessed by the People's Republic of Kalifornia for sale here. Really like the XD though. Too bad the ammo situation is so bad that I've only been able to shoot it a couple of times.

Since we are posting pictures of our guns (AKA gun ****), I might as well show a couple of one I finished up a couple of days ago.

A stale cookie to whoever can identify the gun and caliber.

Here's a pic of the side of my XDm's case............

DSC06355.jpg

I guess they don't want me to carry my 17+1 40 cal around in their state.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

I love your guns, in Canada we cannot have guns like that legally, Shotguns, rifles are pretty easy to get with a license. Pistols require a permit and are tougher to get.
Just a reminder but some of you have your cars in your galleries and the plate number is visible, I hope you do not have to race the bad guy to your gun cabinet or whatever, he can read your plate number and with a friend in the DMV he could come to visit.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey apkano, what's with all the COMBLOK stuff? Are u a commie? LOL

Try a nice AR sometime. They come in 7.62x54 if you think 5.56 is too "casual".

Don't forget about those ncie Germans too. Heckler & Koch makes some very nice rifles. (G-36, PSG-1, etc.)

Old 02-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have so much in common with you guys, this is not one of them, you guys scare me1

Old 02-23-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by tom2112
Hey apkano, what's with all the COMBLOK stuff? Are u a commie? LOL

Try a nice AR sometime. They come in 7.62x54 if you think 5.56 is too "casual".

Don't forget about those ncie Germans too. Heckler & Koch makes some very nice rifles. (G-36, PSG-1, etc.)
All my AK's can shoot 6" groups at 200+ yards. I can bury them under sand, throw them in a lake, hell, I can run so many rounds through them that they'll light on fire! Yet I can still take them apart on a towel, clean em up, and be back to firing quicker than anything else out there without a single problem or misfire/jam.

They do all that and still cost WAY less than anything you mentioned, and the 7.62x39 rounds are cheap as dirt.

Try that with your AR!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL! I knew that would get your dander up.

Don't tell anyone, but I have an SKS along with my AR. Don't get me wrong, after being in the Army, I can strip my AR and reassemble it in the dark (which might be handy someday...), but no one denies that they jam like its their job. Damn gas blowback! That's OK. I'll keep 'em both.

Even worse though are those crazy Michigan gun laws. What's with the one round in the gun at a time? A buddy of mine moved up there from Ohio, and tells all kinds of nasty tales. What's up with that? How'd you get a full auto in all of that?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM

It's all about buying "pre-ban" and "post-ban". If it was sold here before the federal assault weapons ban of 1994 you can legally own a full-auto rifle. Some of mine are registered as "pre-ban" rifles (per the serial number) and are full-auto.

As to the one round at a time thing.....it all depends on where you shoot. I myself am a member of the DSC ( http://www.d-s-c.org/index.html ) and can fire full-auto, or rapid-fire (semi-auto as fast as you can pull the trigger) on the range on special days. There are also a number of ranges that let you fire whatever you want as long as it's legal, Target sports on Woodward comes to mind. ( http://www.targetsportshooting.com/ ) They'll even let you rent a full-auto MP5 to shoot at their range!

The only real "gun law" in Michigan that I disagree with is the mandatory 30" rule. Basically, any gun less than 30 inches has to be classified as a handgun. I almost bought a real nice CZ-58 over the weekend, but I didn't have my handgun paperwork with me, or my CCW license. Being as a sidefolder CZ-58 is 29 1/2 inches.....no sale from a reputable dealer. Not his fault at all, just a stupid law on the state's behalf.

Honestly.....Michigan laws aren't that bad compared to some states.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM

Hi maclovinX

Some politicians would certainly love to see the PRK be a role model for the rest of the nation but states like Montana have different ideas so there is hope.

I assume your S&W 40s are M&Ps. Those are good guns and were my first choice except I wanted one with the thumb safety in 9 mm. Guess what configuration is not for sale in PRK. So I went with choice 2 which was the XD and don't have any regrets at all.

My dad was a hard core revolver guy and this influenced me so a number of my guns are revolvers. I would be right at home with the Airlite 38 and looks like it would make a dandy concealed carry gun - if I was in a state that had reasonable carry laws.

Kit Fox

Forgot to ask last night - is your bullpup a MSAR? Looked at one at a gunshow the other week but the price tag scared me off. It's definitely on the dream list though.

Moparrbust

Your XDm case is mislabeled - the gun comes with standard capacity magazines. What is offered in CA is reduced capacity ones. I'm just trying to correct this type of misinformation that the main stream media and unknowing public laps up.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
Hi maclovinX

Moparrbust

Your XDm case is mislabeled - the gun comes with standard capacity magazines. What is offered in CA is reduced capacity ones. I'm just trying to correct this type of misinformation that the main stream media and unknowing public laps up.

I know the 17 round magazines are standard for "normal" states but also assumed that they are technically high capacity due to the fact that the old XD 40 cals only had 10 or 12 round mags as standard.........in "normal" states. If that makes any sense at all.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM

When dealing with CA, nothing is normal or makes any sense.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Everyone should have one of these

New nail gun, made by DeWalt. It can drive a 16-D nail through a 2 X 4 at 200 yards. This makes construction a breeze; you can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence. Just get your wife to hold the fence boards in place while you sit back relax with a cold drink and when she has the board in the right place, just fire away. With the hundred round magazines, you can build the fence with a minimum of reloading. After a day of fence building with the new DeWalt Rapid fire nail gun, the wife will not ask you build or fix anything else again.

Ideal for rebuilding in war torn countries.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Brent
Yes the Airlite 38's are for CC in Ohio. I was amazed the first time I shot them using the 38 Plus rounds. Fun little gun that fits in your pocket.
They make for a nasty surprise!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Here is a peak at my handgun collection.

The .45 - I special ordered from Kimber Gun Shop – with special grips and competition sights.

The 7” barrel .44 Ruger "three screw" I inherited from my best friend.

The .44 Cowboy Special - I also special ordered. Notice I've removed the ejection rod to speed draw time and avoid any interference.

Even though I'm left handed - But unlike "ACE HANDLIN" I truly can draw just as fast with either hand.

Quick Reply: For you gun owners...my new toy!