Old 03-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Toddy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just got her home...and already a weird problem

Originally Posted by faiz23
sound like a spoiler issue,

does your rear spoiler go up or down, use the switch on the dash by the hazard light

normally it goes up around 65mph and if the spoiler does not go up then it will beep.

enjoy the car
Thanks. Was hoping to...

Yeah, spoiler works fine manually. Put it up at the dealership and left it there. I like the look of the spoiler up.

When the beeps happened, I assumed it was a spoiler thing. Pulled over, put it down, put it up, etc. Seemed fine. One thing I did notice, though -- when it went down, it didn't go down smoothly, it went down in stages. It would go down a third or so, pause briefly, then another third, pause briefly, etc. Never stopped, and the pauses were very short, but definitely noticeable. Didn't do this when going up, so I thought this was part of the design. Is it? Wondering if I've got some weird electrical problem here.

Hoping it's just an ice thing if anything, because the dealership washed and waxed it this afternoon before I got there and it wasn't completely dry when I took the car out in -12 Celsius temps that were about -25 C with the wind. Just very annoyed now on a day I was hoping to be really happy. Envisioning doing this damn drive again soon to rectify this problem.