View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Colorado Cruizer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlights fogged over

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Its the plastic that they are made from, all plastic degrades over time in sunlight. Some cars use cheaper plastic and they suffer the worst. If they had the film applied over them would that help at all?
My Xfire spends most of the time in the garage but it still gets the hazing, not much as I can rub it off with my finger. Sitting in the sun in Arizona must be a ***** (sorry, she dog)

Edit, I used the b#tch word and it was edited, is that a swear word? What can I call my dog, a she dog?
I put plastic film over my headlights to protect them from rocks and I could no longer see the hazing. I believe the adhesive on the plastic film "filled" in the haze so it is no longer visible.

I have also used the Crystal View product on my 10 year old Jeep and it worked great. It took a while to do but they almost look new. I now try to park with my headlights facing North so they aren't facing the sun all day. Here is a link to the Crystal View product I purchased at Walmart for $20. http://www.myheadlight.com/