View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
MI Roadster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Estimated Miles Per Gallon

Originally Posted by jlseagull
Hello, had my crossfire about 6 weeks so far. It's a 2004 regular, and supposed to get 21 city, 28 highway. So far, however, it seems to be averaging around 19 miles per gallon, about half of that on the highway. Variables include that I use the heated seat most of the time, and the A/C, heat regularly, but that shouldn't be too terrribly bad for the MPG. I also drive my car perhaps a bit too much with hitting the accelerator and breaking, in my driving style, so that;s more likely to affect the fuel efficiency, but not I believe to this degree. Thoughts? Should I complain to the dealer, or have other people gotten less than the 21/28.

Mike
I think the driving style has a lot to do with the mileage, as does the seat heat and other things you mentioned. How many miles do you have on your car. I think that after it's broken in a little the mileage will get better. Also, what octaine fuel do you use? I have 1,500 miles on my '05 Roadster and use mostely 23 octane. Last time I was Highway driving I got around 28mpg.