View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 12:53 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Eibach Pro Kit qun...

Trust me, your tires will rub if you use the Eibach / Koni combo. They will rub in three places under your front drivers wheel well when you are driving alone, making a HARD, braking right turn. And the right side will rub when you have a passenger in the car and you are making a HARD, left breaking turn. I'm talking typical sports car driving turns at 45 - 60+ mph that creates substantial front down force.

You may also experience some rub when you are turning in reverse and crank the wheel hard to the left or right.

I am running the Conti's as well. After a few dozen rubs, you'll see three little patches under your wheel well where the tire is making contact. It is on the inboard side of the tire, aligned with the inboard edge of the tread on your tire.

After quite a few days at the track and some seriously fast canton driving, I have worn down three (now highly polished) spots, all the way down to the bare aluminum. I'm afraid that if I don't increase the space by appx. 1/4" I will eventually wear right through the aluminum and shred my tire... Not good if you're doing 75mph turns with 10 other sports cars only inches away from you on a race track...

I'm looking at the possibility of stiffening the front tortion bar to limit the body roll on those hard turns, but I'm not sure that will achieve the FIX. And I'm afraid that when I go to a bit beefier RACE tire, the problem will get worse.

Although the spots under the wheel well look like they could be heated and pounded in / up to give a bit more clearance, since they are very small (about 2"w x 4"l)

I'll keep you posted...