View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 08:19 PM
mtnxfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Production number concerns

For anyone interested, I went to the dealership today to discuss my concerns. The entire thing was confusing. From the info the salesman looked up, cars ordered and shipped before mine had higher VINs. Roadsters ordered in June and July had already arrived at dealers and were assigned higher VINs. I really became worried when he used the computer to double check my VIN. Surprisingly, it changed from the number I had. Now to be honest, I never received a VIN from the dealership...I got a VIN from the Chrysler number and never asked the dealership to double check it. I didn't feel the need to since the updates I received from my salesman were the same as the dates I received from the 1-800 number. Even though the salesman tried to convince me my concern was unnecessary because a phone rep just messed up and gave me the wrong VIN. He could not explain, though, how each time I called for a status update the phone rep asked for the VIN and color/type of car and not once of the 4 or so times I called did anyone say that that VIN did not correspond to a blue roadster. Maybe I over reacted, but at that point I apologized and said I didn't feel right purchasing the car. The VIN mixup was just too scary. The salesman and I went to talk with the son of the owner of the dealership who, after shaking my hand and hearing my concern, closed the door behind me and began to chew me out even mentioning that I was one of the biggest pains he has ever had to deal with and that my concerns were stupid. Along with that he refused to refund my deposit which I didn't feel the need to agrue about because in Louisiana he legally can not hold my deposit if he has not produced the car and, as of this date, they still aren't sure when they will get it. I'm sure he knows that, but just wanted to try to make my life hell. I immediatly called my credit card company who said just deduct the amount from my next bill and they would get the money back. Before leaving the dealership the finance manager recognized me and stopped to talk. Immediately after greeting me, the owner of the dealership rudely told him not to talk to me. The funniest thing is that the son of the owner informed me before I left that while they wouldn't refund the deposit, they would still put it toward the agreed upon price if I wanted to purchase the car when, and in my opinion if, it came in. The bottom line is I believe something happened and I now have a newer, higher VIN than originally issued. I can't think of any other reason for the number change and the 4 plus month wait. So much for 5 star treatment. By the way, this was at Ralph Sellers in Gonzales, Louisiana. I guess along with the 5 2004 coupes they will now have a roadster rotting away on the lot that will never sell.