View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:00 AM
ACRucrazy
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Fog light fix - loose caps

Right after I bought my 05 SRT-6 the passenger fog light cap fell off. Not even 2 weeks after having the car out this spring the drivers cap fell off. I did not want to spend over $200 on a new set of fogs from the dealer so I decided to just remove the loose caps. Once the fogs are removed its litterally a 2 minute fix.

Here are some pics.

Step one, remove the fogs, there are 3 torx screws that mount them to the bumper. These can be accessed through the fog light covers in the wheel well. It may be easier if the car is jackd up so the wheel drops down, you can also turn the wheels to get more access.

Here we have the stock Hella fog

10.jpg

Loose cap and all.

1-6.jpg

There are 2 clips on the side of the fog, I took my hook tool on the clip opposite of the adjustment screw. Carefully press the plastic clip outward to allow the round nub to be freed. This will allow the back of the fog to pull out.

2-6.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-6.jpg

Allow the foglight rotate out of the way on the adjusment screw and remove the cap.

5-3.jpg

Now make sure the thick rubber gasket is in place. I held the back of the fog light down, allowing gravity to hold the gaset and press the top down onto the back.

6-3.jpg

7-4.jpg

8-3.jpg

Notice the gasket didnt press all the way back into the housing. Left like this it would not seal properly and the extra stress may crack the plastic clip. I thought I may need to put some lubrication on the big o ring, however some light pressure with the smooth side of a hook tool it I was able to press it into place.

9-2.jpg