View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 AM
ZAHANMA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: "SRT" Grille Emblem

Originally Posted by RPM
Gator - I took your idea and altered it a bit.
Been pondering it for months and always thought they should have had the emblem on the grill, even if the other Chrysler SRT (300C SRT8) doesn't, but I digress.
I bought the same emblem off of eBay:
Dodge Charger SRT Mopar Grille Emblem SRT8 Hemi :eBay Motors (item 350212390013 end time Jul-10-09 13:41:58 PDT)
I took the 'tabs' off the back and coated the back, top, bottom, and sides with black Plasti-Dip spray:
Specialty Coatings & Adhesives, Industrial Coatings, Protective Coatings – Plasti Dip International
I then took the grill off and cleaned up the area to stick with rubbing alcohol. I bought some 3M automotive body molding double sided foam tape (from Wal-Mart. also easy to remove if needed) and applied it to the back of the newly coated emblem.
I then took some little clamps and tightened it down on the grill slats and let it sit for a while.
Put the grill back on and have driven it for a few days (up to 80mph) and all is well.
pics? I'm curious to see a visual version of your procedure...or at least the final product...curious to see how it differs from the one GatorLCA did last year.