View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 PM
B8thoven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Roadster Rear window problem.

I have been reading about this problem for quite sometime. I own a convertible Crossfire too and am concerned about this. I decided to e-mail Karmann (the company that built the car and designed the top) to see if they have a solution. Here is what I wrote:

I have a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible Limited Edition and I am concerned about the rear window that is attached to the tonneau cover of the car. Three of my friends had the window separate from the top. Reading on-line it seems that it is a problem in most Crossfire convertibles as the glass window is just glued to the top (very disappointing design). My understanding in the newer models they have changed the design of how the glass attaches to the top to remedy the poor engineering!
I am writing to you to see if there is a solution to this problem and how I could prevent this from eventually happening. It seems that heat is a factor in the glass separating from the top as the glue dries, especially, in hot climates. Please, advise of possible solutions or if you have figured out a way to remedy the problem in the original design. Thank you for your help and cooperation in advance.

Sam

I will keep you posted if I hear back from them. Let’s just hope they own up to their poor engineering

Last edited by B8thoven; 06-28-2009 at 11:44 PM.