View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
matthewson00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: is every thing in our power train...

Originally Posted by Teck-9
every one keeps sayin get an srt6. so i will come out and say it. i am way way way tooooooo emotionally attached to that car to get another, call me a girl if you want to, i would rather spend more $$$ and headaches. the v8 guy said that a v8 will work with the 04 trans and powertrain and he has the same year i do. 04. i guess from what you guys say, if i want more speed from MY CURRENT car, i will need an engine and ecu transplant. a supercharged v6 is faster than a non scharged v8 (correct if wrong) and a scharged v8 is too expensive. so i will find an angine and ecu from an srt6 or slk32 amg. with a whole new engine and ecu, there shouldt be anny issues. (Correct if wrong.) i shouldnt need a new trans or powertrain components right?
I hate to sound like a broken record, but the advice everyone has been giving you is 100% correct. These are some incredibly smart people. You may be extremely attached to your current xfire (heck arn't we all?) but the amount of money that you are going to end up pouring into this "project" will easily buy you a nearly mint srt6 (probably one still under warranty) last i looked 17500 - 19000. plus you have to remember that after spending all that money on a conversion, it may never be just right. Gremlins have a way of being very persistent on this kind of project. just my 2 cents. that being said, good luck on the project and welcome to the forum (you will need us if you go through with this!!!)